[GEM-dev] segmentation fault with [pix_film]

John Harrison johnharrisonwsu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 07:00:04 CET 2012

running gem 93.3 stable from git (yes I got it compile --- thx for the
help) on ubuntu 11.04 (Natty) 64 bit.

Any video I try to load with [pix_film] causes a segmentation fault.

To recreate, I load examples -> 04.pix -> 05.film.pd and click on any of
the example video files to load. Instantly I get a segmentation fault. If I
choose homer.avi the terminal window shows:
Pixelformat not specified for video frame

If I choose either of the other 2 videos I get

socket receive error: Connection reset by peer (104)

but no matter what it is followed immediately by the seg fault.

BTW when the patch is initially loaded the terminal window shows:

dylib loading file './gem_filmGMERLIN.so'!
dylib loading file './gem_filmMPEG3.so'!
dylib loading file './gem_filmQT4L.so'!

So...what should I try?

-John