[GEM-dev] Problems linking external against latest GEM build

Theo Burt theo at theoburt.com
Tue Feb 7 13:59:02 CET 2012

Hi, really stuck at the moment... and would really appreciate any help.

I'm working in OS X, and I have an external I've been using/updating for
years which links against GEM (it uses both CPPExtern and GEMBase). In
the version of GEM shipped (precompiled) with PD-Extended (and every
other previous version) it works fine, but I can't get it to link with
the latest OS X binary for 92.3.

It seems to be that my external name-mangles (for example)
CPPExtern::post to __ZN9CPPExtern4postEPKcz
But browsing the symbols in the new OS X binary, the name has been
mangled to      __ZNK9CPPExtern4postEPKcz (note the extra 'K')

I just can't find out why this is the case... does anyone have any idea
at all? Any help really really appreciated, have been stuck on this for
several days!

Thanks,
Theo Burt

--------

Music Research Centre, University of York, UK