[GEM-dev] segmentation fault with [pix_film]

John Harrison johnharrisonwsu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:07:28 CET 2012

Just to give completion to this ---

a backtrace with gdb showed the seg fault was actually in bgav_read_video
() from /usr/local/lib/libgmerlin_avdec.so.1. Apparently at some point I
built that for some reason instead of using the shared library that came
with ubuntu Natty. When I switched to the one in the Natty repository,
everything worked fine. So the problem had nothing to do with Gem.

-John