[GEM-dev] Gem + gem_filmGMERLIN Plugin Crash 10.7.3

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Mar 4 16:09:51 CET 2012

On 03/03/12 16:15, m.e.grimm wrote:
> OK. Sent your example. Rebuilt gavl and gmerlin_avdec. Your example
> works with output:
>
> trying to create video converter
> created video converter 0x7ff77ac334a0...destroying it
> destroyed video converter 0x7ff77ac334a0
> bye

since your rebuild only involved enabling some debug-flags, this
unfortunately doesn't tell us much (apart from that we will have a hard
time tracking down the real cause of the problem)

> rebuilt Gem from recent git. Pd-ex still crashes immediately (even
> prior to Gem import). Here is crash report:
> http://pastebin.com/3AQDnYAw
>
> hmmmmm... ideas on net step?

no, not really.

first of all, make sure that you are indeed using the "new and 'fixed'"
gmerlin-avdecoder ('fixed' being in quotes since nobody fixed it yet)

then i would do:
- do a complete rebuild of Gem
  $ make clean; make
- eventually disable all other plugins (by deleting their binaries)

if you still get crashes, start pd/Gem in a debugger (gdb) to get proper
backtraces.
you could also set some a breakpoint in filmGERMLIN::filmGMERLIN and
step through execution until you get the crash.

fgamdsr