[GEM-dev] Gem + gem_filmGMERLIN Plugin Crash 10.7.3

m.e.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 15:15:23 CET 2012

> do i read that correctly, that there was no need in the end to modify
> Gem (or gmerlin) in any way?

Nope! not with the recent gavl/gmerlin_avdecoder svn checkouts
(burkhard fixed the probs we were having over the last couple weeks)
and the most recent Gem git.

> yes, that (color problem) was kind of expected.
> it should be easy to fix, though.

cool.... looks like it dropped blue channel and is interlaced vertically.

> iirc, gmerlin-avdecoder cannot open alea.mpg; it shouldn't crash though.

yes ill work on this with burkhard.

question: video  .... i am assuming support for that will need
videoQTKIT plug? or?

also a little off subject, i am having a hard time wrapping my head
around the Gem plugin system. I am assuming that Gem must be compiled
with lib/framework support and the plugin is written for that
lib/framework. So as long as Gem is compiled with that support a
plugin can be written and compiled separately and just copied into the
Gem folder. ... right?

now what if there are two plugins that support film for example
(filmGMERLIN and filmQTKIT)... can a user dynamically choose which one
is used? on start up?

cheers

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 3:31 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

--