[GEM-dev] Soft edge shading

Florian Grond fgrond at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Mar 21 18:15:15 CET 2012

Hello Jack,

01.flat_projection-help.pd seems to work.

I see either as 4 by 1 or 2 by the fractal image with decreasing
intensity at the edges giving a fade into black.

I looked into the guts of [flat_projection]

and if I send the print message to the glsl_fragemnet and the
glsl_program I get lots of info about user variable uvar#1 to uvar#4

I'm usin PD extended 0.42.5
I compiled GEM from the sources 0.93.3 (added some handmade classes)
My GPU NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

My screen size is 1280 * 1024
geometry is x 3 y 1
I would like to have an overlap of about 10 - 15 pixels

In my installation I see that I get a fade into black only if I increase
the overlap to very high numbers up to have the size of my x dimension.
So I conclude the fade into black is just too weak.

How could I change that?

Thanks,

Florian

So I think the GPU model is ok