[GEM-dev] Gem + gem_filmGMERLIN Plugin Crash 10.7.3

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Mar 21 23:48:49 CET 2012

Hey Mark,

If you point me towards a libmpeg2 release tarball and tell me how you built it, I can easily package it and add it to the gmerlin_avdecoder build.

.hc

On Mar 19, 2012, at 10:41 AM, m.e.grimm wrote:

> hello,
>
> yeah it look like that crash I am getting with alea.mpg is from
> gmerlin_avdecoder being compiled without libmpeg2 .... at least that
> what burkhard says:
>
> "Looks like you don't have libmpeg2 installed.
> In this case gmerlin-avdecoder removes the video stream from the
> internal structure, so every access to video stream 0 might result in a crash."
>
> there doesnt seem to be a libmpeg2 fink package although i did manage
> to easily compile from recent svn and install.
>
> so maybe we need to get libmpeg2 into fink prior to gmerlin_avdecoder
> compile and add as dependency before updating your packages Hans?
>
> cheers
>
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>>
>> I'm happy to update my packages once Burkhard makes a new release.  Feel free to nag ;)
>>
>> .hc

>>> yes. i did. from the most recent svn i had to compile and package
>>> gmerlin_avdecoder AND gavl for fink build/install. I did though use
>>> your libgavl1.info and gmerlin-avdecoder1.info without
>>> modification....
>>>
>>> also with gavl i had to run autogen.sh prior to packaging.
>>> gmerlin_avdecoder i just package directly from the svn checkout...

>>> that version will need to be rebuilt and installed form most recent
>>> svn. burkhard has made some changes in past few days.
>>>
>>> yes!

>>> --
>>> ____________________
>>> m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
>>> megrimm at gmail.com

>> "[W]e have invented the technology to eliminate scarcity, but we are deliberately throwing it away to benefit those who profit from scarcity."        -John Gilmore
>>

> --
> m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
> megrimm at gmail.com

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler