[GEM-dev] imageCOCOA plugin

m.e.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:48:33 CEST 2012

hey

i just wrote a quick imageCOCOA gem plugin that compiles fine. Im
using cocoas NSImage (not sure if it works). What I have is
imageCOCOA.mm which is objective-C (obviously)...

when starting PD and getting something like "GEM: image loading
support: SGI" i was hoping to get "GEM: image loading support: SGI
COCOA" ... i am assuming this is whether the plugin has been loaded or
not based on Gem just recognizing that it is there?

anyway. whether the plugin works or not is not the point. i just want
notification that Gem actually sees that its there and at least tries
to load it...

maybe im going about this all wrong. so i need advice. this is all
assuming I can just write any old plugin, drop it in the Gem folder
and as long as the plugin is written correctly and find all the
libs/frameworks it needs it will load... or does Gem itself have to be
compiled knowing that a plugin may or may not exist...

these are all questions i have after reading johannes
"Plug_your_cam-Extending_Gem_the_modular_way" paper which has only
gotten me so far...

cheers
mark

--