[GEM-dev] pix_share_write/read issue

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Fri May 11 13:21:12 CEST 2012

Hello,

i'm getting trouble with pix_share* objects..

when the patches are manually started (by double click in Nautilus or by
command line in terminal) everything work fine

but when the patches are started with a script i've got this error in both
side (write and read) :
couldn't get shm_id error 0

and then the involved id isn't accessible even if i restart manually the
patch
i've put some sleep xx in my startup script and this work only if there is
nothing else after like this :

//
sleep 120
# some command (cpu-gouvernance)
pd send-patch.pd &
sleep 30
pd receive-patch.pd
//
this works fine

but this following one doesn't

//
sleep 120
# some command (cpu-gouvernance)
pd send-patch.pd &
sleep 30
pd receive-patch.pd &
sleep 25
v4lctl -c /dev/video0 -input 1
//

does anyone have an idea how to fix this ?

my configuration : Ubuntu 12.04, pd vanilla 0.43.2, Gem from git
9ab091abc7387034c01a27a8570bb3d541b166c5

cheers

a.
--
do it yourself