[GEM-dev] new libraries on Mac OS X

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 16 17:41:10 CEST 2012

On 10/16/2012 05:24 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I just checked out the gem 0.93.3 Debian package and noticed there are a
> bunch of new build depends.  Should I install these on the Mac OS X
> build servers too?  Here's the list:
>
> freeglut

dunno where this comes from (i don't find it in my debian/control btw).
the git version of Gem can use glut for window-management.

> libdv4
> libdc1394

well, might worth trying it on OSX as alternative backends for grabbing
from dv-cams (if the Darwin backend cannot do it)

> glew

Gem comes with it's own (rather old, but afaik all that is needed by
Gem) copy of glew which is used if no system-wide glew is found.
this reduces dynamic dependencies, and thus should make deployment on
OSX&w32 easier.

> sdl

see freeglut.

> libjpeg8 or libjpeg8-turbo