[GEM-dev] Different Alpha Blending Methods in Alpha Object

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sat Nov 24 13:52:08 CET 2012

Le 23/11/2012 11:55, ch at chnry.net a écrit :

>> [GEMglBlendFunc].
>> yes, but i don't see any reason not to include it in
>> the alpha object.
>> Because it still exists in the [GEMglBlendFunc] :)
> most Gem object could be replaced by GEMgl* stuff...
Yep, and thanx to Gem to simplify the use of OpenGL.

>> Seriously, as Chris says it's better to use shaders now, it's more
>> flexible.
> i do not agree.
> using shader, how would you do :
> GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR
> you need the source color. a readback is not an option.
In my mind i was thinking about textures operations with the use of two
framebuffers if you need to capture the scene.
With this solution, you can determine the source and destination in your
fragment shader (as glBlendFunc) then operate on destination something
equivalent to GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR, or i miss something and i am wrong ?
If this solution is OK, you needn't readback...
> moreover, it's lot's easier to try sending diferent number in the alpha object to see the result, than to write a shader.
Yes, i agree it is easier to use directly Gem objects (objects different
than [GEMgl*])...
> and if you don't need this functionality, you don't have to use it...
>
> So,i think it would be nice to have this small modification included in Gem.
Sure.
++

Jack