[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Bugs-3513016 ] imageMAGICK plugin Inverted Colors on file read

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 3 10:52:33 CET 2012

Bugs item #3513016, was opened at 2012-03-29 16:55
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=507079&aid=3513016&group_id=64325

not just the latest update.
Category: Pixes (pix_ objects)
Group: osx

Initial Comment:
pd-extended 64bit osx 10.7.3

When opening a file the Red channel and the Green channel were inverted.

FIX:

Line 54: GL_RGB
Line 60: "BGR"

...that fix took me half the day to figure out. anyway, i know i should be submitting a patch but im not too illiterate yet on the git systems and was failing quite miserably in my attempts to create a suitable patch....

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2012-12-03 01:52

Message:
Hello, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in
Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a
quick heads up! Other then that, wonderful blog!
cheap north face jackets http://cheapnorthfacewintercoats.jimdo.com/

Comment By: megrimm (megrimm)
Date: 2012-05-02 10:54

Message:
yeah I am not sure what to say. I realize this is probably a larger
problem. I just added the alpha channel and compiled only to get the same
discoloration. the solution i presented seemed to be the only one that get
adequate results.

for the 64 bit builds ive been looking at starting an native cocoa plugin
for images but i would need some direction. I am not so sure how to utilize
Objective-C code (in cocoa we would be using NSImage) in a C++ application.
This could just be the easy better solution?

let me know what you need for me to work all this out....

Comment By: IOhannes m zmölnig (zmoelnig)
Date: 2012-05-02 06:15

Message:
the problem with that fix is, that we are potentially losing the alpha
channel of the image, which is not so good.