[GEM-dev] error: Cannot open

Elektro Moon elektromoon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 10:29:53 CET 2013

Hi,

I had freshly compiled Gem ver: 0.93.git. Trying to use the videoVLC
plugin. Writing any of the listed devices from the readme.txt I got the
message: error: v4l2 : no v4l2 input device on bus screen:// or error:
Cannot open '': 2, No such file or directory
error: v4l: failed opening device: 'file:///home/bunkier/Desktop/04.mp4'.
Example in the message box looks like this: [device screen://(.
The idea is to open with pix_video a playlist created in VLC and loop it.

Thanks a lot in advance  for your help:

Popesz