[GEM-dev] error: Cannot open

Elektro Moon elektromoon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 16:30:43 CET 2013

Iohannes,

I guess the plugins are loaded. PD writes the next after launch:
[pix_video]: backend #0='v4l2'    : v4l2 analog
[pix_video]: backend #1='v4l'    : v4l analog
[pix_video]: backend #2='vlc'    : vlc

I force to load the vlc plugin as you mentioned, connecting message [driver
vlc( to pix_video, but nothing happens. After loading [device
file:///home/bunkier/Desktop/8z.mov(
PD says:
error: v4l2 : no v4l2 input device on bus
file:///home/bunkier/Desktop/8z.mov

error: Cannot open '': 2, No such file or directory
error: v4l: failed opening device: 'file://home/bunkier/Desktop/8z.mov'

You can check my simple patch in the attachment.
Does this plugin work with VLC playlists too? How would you loop it?

Thanks in advance for your help:
Popesz

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>wrote:

* **            *
*
*
*Elektro Moon Vision
new media :: projectionism :: visual art*
*
 **elektromoon.co.nr*
* elektromoon at gmail.com  **
*