[GEM-dev] error: Cannot open

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jan 20 18:27:02 CET 2013

On 01/20/2013 04:52 PM, Elektro Moon wrote:
> Iohannes,
>
> you were right, [create, 1( is the solution. Plays all files, but the
> quality is extremely poor.
> As I was in a big fog, everything is blur. The original size of the videos
> are 1280x720 and the dimen for gemwin is the same. If I reduce the size to
> 360x180, no difference, all blur.

with VLC, we never know the the "real" resolution of the media, so you
should always provide it explicitely (e.g. by sending [dimen 1280 720(
to your [pix_video]).

this is completely independent of the dimensions of your gem-window.
(obviously, if you "just display" the video in a 64x64 window, there is
no use to decode the video at 2560x1920; but it's up to you to chose...)

gfamsdr