[GEM-dev] error: Cannot open

Elektro Moon elektromoon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 00:04:58 CET 2013

Iohannes,

I tested your suggestion with [dimen 1280 720( to pix_video, but no
difference. After creating the Gem window, pd prints:
Error: invalid enumerant

What does it mean?

Thanks in advance for your kind help:

Popesz

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM, IOhannes zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 01/20/2013 04:52 PM, Elektro Moon wrote:
>
>> Iohannes,
>>
>> you were right, [create, 1( is the solution. Plays all files, but the
>> quality is extremely poor.
>> As I was in a big fog, everything is blur. The original size of the videos
>> are 1280x720 and the dimen for gemwin is the same. If I reduce the size to
>> 360x180, no difference, all blur.
>>

> with VLC, we never know the the "real" resolution of the media, so you
> should always provide it explicitely (e.g. by sending [dimen 1280 720( to
> your [pix_video]).
>
> this is completely independent of the dimensions of your gem-window.
> (obviously, if you "just display" the video in a 64x64 window, there is no
> use to decode the video at 2560x1920; but it's up to you to chose...)
>

> gfamsdr

* **            *
*
*
*Elektro Moon Vision
new media :: projectionism :: visual art*
*
 **elektromoon.co.nr*
* elektromoon at gmail.com  **
*