[GEM-dev] 2 gemwin with a switch

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Mar 1 08:35:19 CET 2013

On 02/28/2013 21:35, Cyrille Henry wrote:

> Le 28/02/2013 21:29, Elektro Moon a écrit :
>> Cyrille,
>>
>> I am totally aware of this limitation. What I thought, if I closed the
>> first Gem window before opening the second from the 2nd patch, it
>> would have worked. No luck.
> nope, all gemhead render in the only gemwindows.
>
>> If I open 2 pd, can I send bang from one PD to the other pd as well?
> yes, use netsend / netreceive.

better still: render only the things that you want displayed.
rather than switching between two windows, turn on/off the [gemhead]s
you want to display at any given time.

a simple [gemgrouphead] abstraction to be used instead of [gemhead] can
simplify all this:

[r gemgroup]

[== $2]

[gemhead $1]

[outlet]

and then use the following to selectively render a given group.

[hsl]

[s gemgroup]

[gemgrouphead 50 0]

[square]