[GEM-dev] Oculus Rift distortion/support

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Thu Jul 25 12:17:21 CEST 2013

hello,

one have to use shader in order create the image distortion.

i think oculus should provide standard shader that you have to insert in your rendering process.

the only problem is that you have to do 2 rendering : one for each eye.
The best solution is to do a 3 pass rendering :
1st : left eye view without distortion, rendered in a frame buffer
2nd : right eye view (no distortion / framebuffer)
3rd : using the 2 previous texture and a shader, render the final image

cheers