[GEM-dev] help with glsl abstractions

Jack jack at rybn.org
Mon Sep 2 14:26:46 CEST 2013

Le 02/09/2013 12:58, Cyrille Henry a écrit :

> Le 01/09/2013 11:31, Jack a écrit :
>
>> number of texunit available is return by
>> GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS.
>> Here on Intel HD 4000, GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS is 32.
>> And on NVidia GTX660M is 160.
> do we have the possibility to ask for the next free texture Id?
> so we could have objects that automatically deal with texture Id.
>
> cheers

Hello Cyrille,

I don't know if it is possible to ask for the next free texture ID.

But :
- what happen if you decide to erase a 'glsl_abstraction' ? Other
'glsl_abstraction' should keep their own 'texture ID'. I think, it is
very important if you pass a uniform sampler variable to [glsl_program]
somewhere else in your patch ?
- we need to keep informed about the 'texture ID' choosen if we want to
use it somewhere else for a uniform sampler variable (should be easy
with GOP and number box) ?
- what happen, if you don't want to assign a specific value as texture
ID because you already store a uniform sampler variable to
[glsl_program] somewhere else (this aspect is not very complex to solve,
we just need to change the value of the variable send to [glsl_program]) ?

Maybe there are other questions ?
++

Jack