[GEM-dev] recent Gem for windows

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 18:42:22 CEST 2013

hi,

2013/9/10 Cyrille Henry <ch at chnry.net>

> Hello,
>
> chdh is in the process of releasing the patches used for the egregore
> performance
> http://www.chdh.net/egregore
> Shortly after, a live and distant performance will be made where the
> patches will be executed locally in order to have a good quality sound and
> images.
>
> Almost everything is ready, but we are facing a problem for the
> cross-platform compatibility.
> This performance needs the gem object gemvertexbuffer, that was introduced
> in july 2012.
> GEM 93.3 did not have this object (11.2011).

if I remember, the first version was commited just few days after the 93.3
release (on the late of november 2011)...
we were too slow :-)

> So we are looking for a recent Gem binary for windows, since we already
> have linux and osx, so that we can distribute in the egregore application.
> or maybe a backport gemvertexbuffer extern for Gem.
>
> Better would be to create a 94.0 gem tag in order to have something a bit
> more recent for everyone to use.
>
> any idea how to solve our problem?

one idea is to build Gem on Windows, I have this in mind, to port
pix_share_* objects on Windows since i know now how to deal with shared
memory on Windows (thanks to what you know ;-) )
so I'm also interested in how to build recent Gem on Windows,
is it at least possible with MinGW ?

best