[GEM-dev] [pix_video] not working with usbtv driver/Easycap capture card

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Mon Dec 9 00:19:45 CET 2013

I'm using PD extended 0.43.4 on Ubuntu 13.10 and have a problem with
[pix_video].

I have two Easycap USB composite capture cards. One of them has the DC60
chipset and uses the stk1160 driver and works with PD/Gem i.e. I'm able
to use it (plus an old video camera) as a video input device (very useful!)

The second one I have
(www.amazon.co.uk/EasyCap-DC60-Capture-Adapter-Software/dp/B003QA7MES/ )
doesn't use the stk1160 driver and instead uses the usbtv driver.

When I load the video device (usually /dev/video1) into [pix_video] it
completely freezes PD (watchdog: signaling pd... keeps being repeated in
the command line).

This seems to be an error with GEM as the capture card works in every
other application that I've tried it on (Cheese, Camorama,
avconv/ffmpeg, web applications)

Is there any way to diagnose and fix this?

Antonio

--
antonio at hellocatfood.com
http://www.hellocatfood.com