[GEM-dev] [pix_video] not working with usbtv driver/Easycap capture card

Peter Venus news at petervenus.de
Mon Dec 9 10:09:43 CET 2013

Hello!

as for the easycap capturecards, i worked with a couple of those recently:
there are general problems with some chipsets, especially with those
using the usbtv drivers.
when i tried to work with those in september, there was just a
experimental linux driver available, which i didnt manage to get working
in linux in general, not just pd.
so, if you have them working in cheese etc, aou are already more
successful then i was.
my suggestion would be to get cards, that rely on the stk1160 driver,
since they work perfect(i had 8 running at the same time)

i did some research on which cards are made with the original "easycap"
chipset", and found, that [1] uses it. all the others, which go for the
same 20eruros or so, i tested already used the usbtv-chipset/driver.

[1] renkforce br116
http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/product/956875/Renkforce-BR116-USB-20-Video-Grabber

cheers, peter