[GEM-dev] [pix_video] not working with usbtv driver/Easycap capture card

Peter Venus news at petervenus.de
Tue Dec 10 14:51:02 CET 2013

Hi Antonio!

Am 09.12.13 18:55, schrieb Antonio Roberts:
> Hi Peter
>
>> i did some research on which cards are made with the original
>> "easycap" chipset", and found, that [1] uses it. all the others, which
>> go for the same 20eruros or so, i tested already used the
>> usbtv-chipset/driver.
> Do these definitely have have the DC60 chipset/use the stk1160 drive?
> The problem I've found is that many purport to using the DC60 chipset
> but in fact don't (hence my second one not working properly)

I bought those while searching for cards with the stk1160. in fact, i
had a similar problem with vendors, claiming they use the original
easycap chipset, but using the usbtv instead. (i bought sth like 5
different devices, all of them not working)
so: if conrad electronic did not change anything in the br116 cards
within the last 3months, those should be working.