[GEM-dev] [pix_record] doesn't capture background colour if codec 33 (h.264) is selected

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Wed Dec 18 13:04:53 CET 2013

> the square and the background are not really in sync (so you sometimes
> see the square), which i think is an artifact of double rendering.
I noticed that too but for this purpose it's not important.

> i had to install the "x264" package (version
> 2:0.133.2339+git585324f-2+b1 on debian) for x264 support.
> please also note that debian does not ship ffmpeg but instead uses
> libav, and i have forgotten how libquicktime (which is the actual
> framework Gem uses for recording) interact (or not) with ffmpeg/libav
> to access the x264 codec....
I've removed ffmpeg and it still happens. I've always had libav on
this machine but also have ffmpeg because kdenlive depends on it.

> and i had to run the entire thing within gdb, else it would crash (for
> whatever reasons it does not crash when run in gdb...)
Strangely enough, I tried reinstalling pd extended and libav and now
it crashes for me each time. The [pix_record] help patch doesn't. No
error messages either, which isn't very helpful

Antonio

antonio at hellocatfood.com
http://www.hellocatfood.com