[GEM-dev] Help Needed w / Clang Errors Compiling Gem OSX 10.9

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 21:38:11 CET 2014

Hello,

Compiling Gem on OSX 10.9 is littered with these errors:

"error: addition of default argument on redeclaration makes this
constructor a default constructor"

There is discussion about this here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18313509/default-argument-gcc-vs-clang

I understand what is happening but I do not know how to properly fix this.
For example if in:

src/Controls/gemlist_info.cpp ->

gemlist_info :: gemlist_info  (t_floatarg arg0=0) {

src/Controls/gemlist_info.h ->

gemlist_info (t_floatarg);  // CON

I am able to compile without error if I do:

src/Controls/gemlist_info.cpp ->

gemlist_info :: gemlist_info  (t_floatarg) {

src/Controls/gemlist_info.h ->
emlist_info (t_floatarg arg0=0);  // CON

BUT in a more complicated example where there might be (t_floatarg
arg0=0, t_floatarg arg1=0, t_floatarg arg2=0)

How do I fix?

Basically more than half the src/opengl/*.cpp &*.h have this issue.

Any fix should be compatible with GCC.

I have cloned Gem from github repo and have created a new branch
(osx_10.9_x64) to comit my efforts.

Thanks!
m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
megrimm at gmail.com