[GEM-dev] Help Needed w / Clang Errors Compiling Gem OSX 10.9

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 19:59:44 CET 2014

cool got it! give me a couple of days. thanks for the help!!! it is a new
years resolution to figure all this git stuff out....

>> these things are easy enough to fix (do a *mixed* reset of your branch
to the split-point and factor new commits from there).

i will give it a shot!!

>> i could do that myself, but then the authorship of the patches would be
lost and i'd rather leave that intact, so you get proper credits for your
work.

thanks! i want to learn anyway and there is no better way to learn than to
do....

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:52 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> > done! compiled fine after the changes....

> > ha! i guess not!!!
>
> thanks for the quick fixes.
> however, some of the patches are not in a form that i can accept :-(
>
> + ad5c6cd
>  - adds a file "gemdefaultwindow.pd" which
>   - has nothing to do with fixing the compilation problem
>   - is generated during the build process (and will differ on various
> platforms) and is thus intentionally not included in the repository
>
> + 31b8bc0
>  - simply disables and thus breaks the functionality of the method it
> modifies
>
> a more cosmetic remark: i would prefer to have more descriptive titles
> of the commits. e.g. "remove default arguments from definitions" rather
> than "Fix on error: addition of default argument on redeclaration makes
> this".
> the problem is mainly, that the title of the commit (the first line in
> the commit message) should be terse and not contain more than 50
> characters.
>

> these things are easy enough to fix (do a *mixed* reset of your branch
> to the split-point and factor new commits from there).
> i could do that myself, but then the authorship of the patches would be
> lost and i'd rather leave that intact, so you get proper credits for
> your work.
>

> fgadsr

m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
megrimm at gmail.com