[GEM-dev] anti-aliased [text3d]

Jack jack at rybn.org
Tue Apr 15 20:42:11 CEST 2014

Le 14/04/2014 15:40, IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :
> i've just committed an updated version of [text3d] that has a kind of
> anti-aliasing built-in.
>
> it uses textures internally. the size of the texture (and thus the
> bluriness) can be controlled via the (revived) [precision( message.
The precision message depends on the gemwin dimen ?
If precision=1 then the texture size is the size of gemwin ?
If precision=2 then the texture size is the double size of gemwin ?
etc. ?

> the drawback is, that since the glyphs are textures, you cannot apply a
> texture on the text anymore (e.g. using [pix_texture]).
> since in older versions of Gem the texture was applied on each character
> rather than on the entire text, i think the usefulness of this feature
> was debatable.
>
> in any case, you can get back to the original behaviour (with the ugly
> rendering) by sending an [alias 0( message (or actually an [antialias 0(
> message, which is the same).
>

> let me know, whether this change breaks any patches.
Why, the default is [antialias 1( ? Should be [antialias 0(, no ?
Because it will break patches...

> fmdasr
> IOhannes
>
> PS: due to a bug in FTGL, the new object will eventually crash pd/Gem if
> you chose a very high fontsize or precision (actually,
> fontsize*precision is the value that matters) and your openGL
> implementation has a limited texture size. i've submitted a bugreport to
> the debian package of FTGL that fixes the problem.
Yep, crash here with [antialias 93(.
On Ubuntu 13.10, Pd 0.45.0test 2, Gem ver: 0.93.git c68159c
++

Jack