[GEM-dev] Screen tear/flicker when going full screen

Marco Donnarumma lists at marcodonnarumma.com
Mon May 26 14:57:52 CEST 2014

Hi Antonio,

I had the same problem but with an Nvidia card on Mint 15 (ubuntu 13.10).

Imho often times is not a software problem, but a firmware issue with the
vertical blank and refresh rate.

Does it happens with movies in full screen on an external monitor?

So not sure this below will help you, but it fixed the issue on my machine:

I put the following lines in "/etc/environment" -

CLUTTER_PAINT=disable-clipped-redraws:disable-culling
CLUTTER_VBLANK=True

best,

Marco Donnarumma
Performer, body tinkerer, teacher and writer.
#soundandmusic #biotech #freeculture
EAVI - Goldsmiths, University of London
Portfolio: http://marcodonnarumma.com
Research: http://res.marcodonnarumma.com