[GEM-dev] grabbing video from screen real-time ?

IOhannes m zmölnig via GEM-dev gem-dev at lists.iem.at
Tue Jun 3 09:04:52 CEST 2014

On 06/03/2014 12:39 AM, Фывапр Олджэвич via GEM-dev wrote:
>  Thankyou ! But how can i change "backend" to vlc  ?  No information in help and internet about it.
>
> I'm on Windows 7 , PD-extended 42.5 + GEM 93.3 .

aha.
did i miss this info in your original post or did you omit it?

> Right now GEM writes :
> [pix_video]: backend #0='DS' : directshow dv iidc analog
>
> Should i install something somewhere ?

hmm, well: the vlc backend for [pix_video] has been developed on linux
and there have been reports that it works correctly on OSX.
i guess nobody tried to build it on w32 yet¹...i have definitely not
made a release for w32 that supports VLC.

nsdr
IOhannes

¹ iirc, i once successfully built the VLC backend for w32 (using mingw),
but got stuck with the DS backends (which require the M$VC compiler).
this is probably one of the main obstacles to get a new Gem release out.