[GEM-dev] Compiling Gem from git on osx mavericks

Nicolas Montgermont via GEM-dev gem-dev at lists.iem.at
Tue Jun 24 13:09:40 CEST 2014

Hello,

I confirm that the new multi-context window system is working on osx 10.9.3
I can use both gemglutwindow and gemcocoawindow without noticeable
difference.
The only thing is that I have to explicitly create them with :
Gem/src/Output/.libs/gemglutwindow
because no link is created in the Gem directory.

I can do all rendering operation, so now I'd like to use pix and text to
have a complete Gem.
Will precise that in another mail for archive.

Thanks!

Le 10/06/2014 18:24, Nicolas Montgermont via GEM-dev a écrit :

> Yes it works!
> It compiles,
> It can't find gemglutwindow because no link is created in the root
directory but if I use Gem/src/Output/.libs/gemglutwindow it work and I
can render things!
> I will investigate further as soon as possible
> thanks a lot!
>
> Best
>
> Le 10/06/2014 17:25, IOhannes m zmoelnig via GEM-dev a écrit :
> > On 2014-06-06 16:21, Nicolas Montgermont via GEM-dev wrote:
> > > If I configure with enable-multicontext, I have new errors here:
>
> > i hope we are getting closer :-)
>
> > this time i built without FTGL and with MultiContext on an OSX (10.5
> > or so) machine, and the ne wfixes (found on github) allow at least to
> > build a Gem.pd_darwin.
>
> > as this was done on a remote machine, i have no idea whether the
> > binary does work.
> > so please try again :-)
>
> > fgamsdr
> > IOhannes