[GEM-dev] Compiling Gem from git on osx mavericks

Dan Wilcox via GEM-dev gem-dev at lists.iem.at
Tue Jun 24 16:20:39 CEST 2014

Howdy guys,

On Jun 24, 2014, at 8:13 AM, via GEM-dev <gem-dev at lists.iem.at> wrote:

> however, i would very much prefer to have *native* plugins available
> as well (e.g. using AV-kit) - simply because it is what most people
> will expect.

Yes. AVFoundation is what you'll have to use at this point.

>> Must it be written in C++ or can it be written in objective C?
>
> ObjectiveC++ is the way to go.
> (you need C++ to make Gem recognize the plugin; you can use ObjC to
> properly interact with the AVFoundation Framework)
>
> but who is going to implement it?

I've started on it by wrapping the AVFoundation Player and Grabber classes from OpenFrameworks, but I haven't been able to put much time into it since a few months ago. It's kind of low on my list right now ...

The avfoundation branch at https://github.com/danomatika/Gem/tree/avfoundation and plugins/filmAVFoundation

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika