[GEM-dev] [pd-gem:bugs] #228 part_color ignores alpha component

"IOhannes m zmölnig" zmoelnig at users.sf.net
Wed Aug 20 16:53:41 CEST 2014

afaict, this is a limitation of the "particle API" used by Gem.

while the `pColor()` function (as used in `part_color.cpp:56`) has indeed an "alpha" value, this is only a scalar, and not part of the 3D(sic! there's now 4th dimension for the alpha) space that forms a domain.

---

** [bugs:#228] part_color ignores alpha component**

**Status:** open
**OS:** any
**Release:** unknown
**Labels:** particles
**Created:** Tue Aug 19, 2014 04:24 PM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Wed Aug 20, 2014 02:53 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Using Gem 0.93.3 on Windows 7 32bit.

I noticed that when using a part_color, the 4th value (alpha component) is ignored. I looked at the code, and I think it is line 56 of part_color.cpp. When rendering, the color is not passed into the function.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because gem-dev at lists.iem.at is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/pd-gem/bugs/