[GEM-dev] gemwin

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 21 18:14:38 CEST 2014

On 08/20/2014 11:07 AM, Cyrille Henry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for the answer, sorry i missed that.
> things work lot's better now!!!
>
> i still have few problem :
> - when starting pd in the Gem/ folder, it start correctlly.
>  when starting pd in an other folder, pd segfault when loading
> gem_videoVLC plugin
> so, i just remove it : sudo rm /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gem_videoVLC.*

that should be fixed.
it was a stupid error on my side (not a conflict with some other library).

> - i did not try all example, but most work. i do however have some
> problem with Gem/examples/10.glsl/05.multitexture_bis.pd
>     if i open and close this patch, pd segfault (even without opening a
> rendering window). The patch did work.

afaict, this has been fixed as well.

> - some other shader example did not render anything unless i configure
> optimus to use the nvidia card. It's not a gem fault, just the intel HD
> and it's driver.

yep :-)

> - gemwin  use to send 1 / 0 when start / stop rendering. i sometime use
> this to load shader, like in example Gem/examples/10.glsl/09... In this
> example, i have to manually load the shader.

i'll have a look.
the problem is, that now there can be multiple windows, so if you close
one window (but leave the other open), sending a "gem_state 0" doesn't
make much sense.
maybe gem_state should send the number of open contexts instead.
(so when you create the 2nd window, you get a "gem_state 2" message, and
when you destroy the first one (but leave the second one open, you get a
"gem_state 1")

> - gemmouse work, but not gemkeyname

yes, that's a bug.

gfmrdsa