[GEM-dev] gemwin

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Thu Aug 21 19:13:49 CEST 2014

Le 21/08/2014 18:14, IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :
> On 08/20/2014 11:07 AM, Cyrille Henry wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> thanks for the answer, sorry i missed that.
>> things work lot's better now!!!
>>
>> i still have few problem :
>> - when starting pd in the Gem/ folder, it start correctlly.
>>   when starting pd in an other folder, pd segfault when loading
>> gem_videoVLC plugin
>> so, i just remove it : sudo rm /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem/gem_videoVLC.*
>
> that should be fixed.
> it was a stupid error on my side (not a conflict with some other library).
yes, fixed,
thanks.

>> - i did not try all example, but most work. i do however have some
>> problem with Gem/examples/10.glsl/05.multitexture_bis.pd
>>      if i open and close this patch, pd segfault (even without opening a
>> rendering window). The patch did work.
>
> afaict, this has been fixed as well.

nope, it is still crashing here.

>> - some other shader example did not render anything unless i configure
>> optimus to use the nvidia card. It's not a gem fault, just the intel HD
>> and it's driver.
>
> yep :-)
it's sad that intel driver developer are not reactive like you!

>> - gemwin  use to send 1 / 0 when start / stop rendering. i sometime use
>> this to load shader, like in example Gem/examples/10.glsl/09... In this
>> example, i have to manually load the shader.
>
> i'll have a look.
> the problem is, that now there can be multiple windows, so if you close
> one window (but leave the other open), sending a "gem_state 0" doesn't
> make much sense.
> maybe gem_state should send the number of open contexts instead.
> (so when you create the 2nd window, you get a "gem_state 2" message, and
> when you destroy the first one (but leave the second one open, you get a
> "gem_state 1")

well, it have to be send only by the gemhead that is rendering on the corresponding window.
in fact gemhead still have to be replaced by an abstraction, so i guess that this abstraction should be in charge of filtering gem_stat that did not concern it's window.
(?)

>> - gemmouse work, but not gemkeyname
>>

> yes, that's a bug.
should i fill a bug report, or bill it be fixed before?
;-)

cheers