[GEM-dev] GemVertexBuffer + Shader

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sun Aug 24 22:22:08 CEST 2014

Le 24/08/2014 21:55, j-p a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'm trying to find a way to get each vertex in a VBO to send
> individual uniform values to a connected shader.  I was thinking it
> might be possible to send these through an unused table... or maybe a
> 5th table could be created (length given with msg) to be referenced by
> the shaders?
>
> I have no idea is this is practical or possible within GEM setup, but
> if it is - any interest in adding this function?

Hello,

You can't pass individual uniform values to each vertex.
I guess you try to pass individual values to each vertex. For this
purpose, you can use attribute variables.
You are limited with the VBO object of Gem to use "build-in" vertex
attributes : position, color, texture, normal.
If you want to pass individual values to vertex, use one of this
"build-in" vertex attribute that you don't use and get the attribute in
your vertex shader.
++

Jack