[GEM-dev] [pd-gem:bugs] #233 load both "videoVLC" and "imageMagick" at startup crash pd
"IOhannes m zmölnig"
zmoelnig at users.sf.net
Wed Sep 3 18:45:27 CEST 2014
urgh, this is slightly ugly to debug.
both vlc and ImageMagick have plugin-systems, which get initialized during initialization of Gem's plugin system, and which seem to trigger a conflict.
just to imagine:
- Pd starts, and loads *Gem.pd_linux* via `dlopen()`.
- *Gem* searches for plugins and finds and loads *gem_imageMAGICK.so* via `dlopen()`.
- *gem_imageMAGICK.so* initializes *ImageMagick*
- *ImageMagick* searches for plugins in `/usr/lib/.../ImageMagick-6.7.7/modules-Q16/` and loads them via `dlopen()`.
- *Gem* searches for more plugins and finds and loads *gem_videoVLC.so* via `dlopen()`.
- *gem_videoVLC.so* initializes *libvlc*
- *libvlc* searches for plugins in `/usr/lib/vlc/plugins` and loads them via `dlopen()`.
the crash seems to be related to `glibc` (when (re)initialized by the qt-plugin for vlc's gui)
** [bugs:#233] load both "videoVLC" and "imageMagick" at startup crash pd**
**Labels:** linux imageMagick videoVLC crash
**Created:** Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:52 AM UTC by jack
**Last Updated:** Thu Aug 28, 2014 01:53 PM UTC
**Owner:** IOhannes m zmölnig
When I try to load gem_videoVLC.so at startup, Pd crash.
Sent from sourceforge.net because gem-dev at lists.iem.at is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/pd-gem/bugs/
To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at https://sourceforge.net/p/pd-gem/admin/bugs/options. Or, if this is a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the GEM-dev