[GEM-dev] [PD-dev] [PD] gemglxwindow or gemwin

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Nov 6 10:21:55 CET 2014

moving this back to gem-dev.

On 11/06/2014 12:48 AM, patrice colet wrote:

>  [gemglxwindow] renders a black screen by sending a bang to it's inlet.
> If gemwin is opened, rendering turns to black at the same moment.

that's expected (and desired) behaviour.

> glxinfo is attached.

thanks.
so you are using nvidia proprietary drivers.
which driver version, which card=

>>> there is also [gemglutwindow] it seem to do the same thing, but I've no
>>> clue about how it works
>>>
>> what's "the same thing"?
>>
>> [gemglutwindow] gives you glut, so you can have ugly menus in the
>> window...
>> [gemglxwindow] gives you glx, which might give you context sharing...

i forgot: [gemglutwindow] will work on all platforms (that support glut,
which are all that i currently care for), whereas [gemglxwindow] will
only work on X.
all of these [gem*window] externals provide a common interface, but
might have additional features.

> I'm trying right now to reproduce the crash, but it only happens with
> [gemglutwindow], when [destroy( is sent

> 0x00007ffff61f9170 in gem::Context::push() () from
> /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/Gem.pd_linux

interesting.
could you get a full backtrace?

in any case, multiple-windows are still quite experimental (they are
default in the dev-version, in order to get feedback like this)

fgmdsr