[GEM-dev] undefined symbols at window creation

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Tue Jan 6 20:17:40 CET 2015

Le 06/01/2015 19:08, IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :
> On 01/06/2015 12:02 AM, patrice colet wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> Just tried out the git version and got some errors...
>
> is this git from sourceforge or from github? (i just noticed that i
> hadn't pushed to sf in a while; fixed that)

I usually get Gem sources from github

>> gemmouse doesn't output anything
> make sure you are using the abstractions of these objects (rather than
> the used-to-be built-ins)
I'm sure I'm using the gemmouse abstraction outputting zeros instead of
x.y window coordinates
>> and gemkeyboard doesn't load,
> make also sure that you have the path to the abstractions in you
> search-path (this should only be a problem if you are running Gem from a
> non-install (e.g. out of the build-tree))

I've only run in my archlinux machine:

$ cd Gem
$ git pull
$  ./configure --prefix /usr/lib/pd-l2ork && make && make install

  'git pull' didn't show any change in build system, should I run
something else to install?

The gemmouse.pd abstraction is located in Gem root directory and there
is no abstraction directory

>> there are undefined symbols at windows creation:
>>
>> /usr/lib/pd-l2ork/extra/Gem/gemglxwindow.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
>> _ZN9GemWindow3keyESsii
> is this from a fresh checkout?

yes terday