[GEM-dev] [pix_image] backend 'magick' unavailable on Linux

Jonghyun Kim agitato816 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 17:46:52 CET 2016

error log

=====
tried /home/ak/pd-externals/Gem/Gem.pd_linux and succeeded
verbose(6): not registering [pix_filmQT] again...
verbose(4): GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
verbose(4): GEM: ver: 0.93.3
verbose(4): GEM: compiled: Aug  8 2013
verbose(4): GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
verbose(4): GEM: Authors : Mark Danks (original version)
verbose(4): GEM: Chris Clepper
verbose(4): GEM: Cyrille Henry
verbose(4): GEM: IOhannes m zmoelnig
verbose(4): GEM: with help by Guenter Geiger, Daniel Heckenberg, James
Tittle, Hans-Christoph Steiner, et al.
verbose(4): GEM: found a bug? miss a feature? please report it:
verbose(4): GEM: homepage http://gem.iem.at/
verbose(4): GEM: bug-tracker http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem/
open: /etc/pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
open: /home/ak/.pd/gem.conf: No such file or directory
open: ./gem.conf: No such file or directory
tried ./hsv2rgb.pd and failed
tried /mnt/HDD-1T/Cloud/Dropbox/3.PROJECTS/z.Library-Pd/hsv2rgb.pd and
failed
tried /home/ak/pd-externals/Gem/hsv2rgb.pd and succeeded
verbose(4): GEM: compiled for SIMD architecture: SSE2 MMX
verbose(4): GEM: using SSE2 optimization
tried /home/ak/Desktop/pd-png/png.pd and succeeded
[pix_draw]: requesting [pix_draw] - consider using [pix_texture]
tried /home/ak/pd-externals/Gem/gem_imageJPEG.so and succeeded
tried /home/ak/pd-externals/Gem/gem_imageSGI.so and succeeded
tried /home/ak/pd-externals/Gem/gem_imageTIFF.so and succeeded
*verbose(6): backend 'magick' unavailable*
verbose(6): trying to add 'SGI' as backend
verbose(6): added backend#0 'SGI' @ 0x1ce8680
verbose(6): trying to add 'jpeg' as backend
verbose(6): added backend#1 'jpeg' @ 0x1ce3e20
Image loading support: SGI jpeg
GEM: Only using 8 color bits
GEM: Direct Rendering enabled!
verbose(4): GEM: GLEW version 1.5.4
verbose(3): GEM: Start rendering
tried /home/ak/Desktop/test.png and failed
verbose(5): loading image '/home/ak/Desktop/test.png' with ID:1
verbose(6): reading '/home/ak/Desktop/test.png' with libJPEG
*error: [pix_image]: failed to load image '/home/ak/Desktop/test.png'*
verbose(4): ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
Pd: signal 2
====

thanks,
jonghyun