[GEM-dev] Gem Build Errors

j-p k jptrkz at gmail.com
Sun May 1 00:00:15 CEST 2016

hello,

this is in regards to the gemvertexbuffer.  there has been a bit of an
interim since the last post.  i never could get pd vanilla to recognize the
latest git-gem, but after finding this post, i thought i'd give it another
try:

https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2015-08/111112.html

i am building gem using ...

./autogen.sh

./configure --enable-fat-binary=i386
--with-pd=/Applications/Pd-0.47-0test2.app/Contents/Resources
--without-QuickTime-framework --without-Carbon-framework

make CPPFLAGS=$(pkg-config --cflags freetype2)

...and it builds w/ no errors.  at the root level are aliases pointing to
the darwins, including gem.pd_darwin.   pd shows the usual "can't load
library" msg when using "-lib path-to-gem" and after adding
"libbz2.1.dylib, libfreetype.6.dylib & libftgl.2.dylib" at the root level
and w/ lib folder at root level, i get the same error.

(adding those libs works with 0.93.3).  are there any other things i can
try to get it running?  thank you