[GEM-dev] Gem Build Errors

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 25 15:25:32 CEST 2016

On 05/21/2016 06:09 AM, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> Latest 0.93.3 build in deken is now working for me. Thanks!
>
> What changed to make it work?
>
> Also, any chance for a build that includes 64 bit?

also, there are CI-builds available for a few platforms (including
osx/x86_64) on
  http://git.puredata.info/cgit/deployment/Gem-snapshots/

each platform/arch has its own branch.
the builds are the `make install` artefacts created by travis-ci.

the build *does not* include any third party libraries (e.g. installed
via brew), so they are most likely not usable "as is".
most notably, the builds seem to be linked against `libfribid` but *not*
against `ftgl/freetype`: so they don't have font-rendering support but a
dependency on some, exotic text-utility library :-(

gfmadsr