[GEM-dev] HAP codec support

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Sep 21 21:21:45 CEST 2016

The other day i tried [pix_movie] with a HAP file and it worked (on Mac OS), although with non-satisfying performance, compared to Max/Jitter.
I guess this is because it uses quicktime and the respective HAP quicktime component.
My question is why the performance (frame rate) is far worse than in Max (or quicktime player). Is there any additional video texture transfer from/to GPU memory involved?
thanks, Thomas

--
Thomas Grill
http://grrrr.org