[GEM-dev] happy birthday!

Csaba Láng langcsaba at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:03:19 CET 2016

I am a proud Gem user too.
Would gladly join the discussion in NY.
After 18th would be suitable fir me too.
Best,

Popesz

On Friday, November 11, 2016, Jaime Oliver <jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> We’d be happy to accommodate that as it is a big issue.
> IOhannes, would you be up for that?
>
> On Nov 11, 2016, at 11:41 AM, me.grimm <megrimm at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey cyrille,
> i would be up for testing on OSX. it has compiled before for me (last
year) but we are still missing working AVFoundation plugin, New Sierra
still has Quicktime framework but am assuming it will be gone next
release.... so I agree, this is probably the best time to push forward with
a release.
> maybe a meet up / discussion in NYC pdcon could be motivational...
> cheers
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 11:11 AM, cyrille henry <ch at chnry.net> wrote:
>>
>> hello
>>
>> The last official Gem release is 5 year old today!
>>
>> 5 years is a lot's of time.
>> I usually think a project is dead after 5 years with no release, but Gem
is still alive.
>> There are lot's of update / bugfixes / new feature / help patch etc
>> I can see about 1800 commit in Iohannes github branch since 11 11 2011.
>> there is also some merge request that are waiting to be include in this
branch.

>> maybe it's time to think of a new release?
>>
>> I know that a release is a lot's of work. And I don't know if anyone is
still able to compile Gem for recent OSX, or windows.