[GEM-dev] GEM from Deken on Win7?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Nov 27 20:54:57 CET 2016

On 11/24/2016 11:24 AM, William Huston wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to use GEM from W7.
> I installed w/Deken, but certain objects
> are missing, like pix_film and pix_texture.

which ones are *not* missing?
the problem you describe sounds very much like not having loaded Gem at all.

> Anyone know how to fix?

load Gem :-)

there might be a clash with the libdir loader.
if you have enabled that, make sure that Gem is loaded *before* libdir.

> Do I have to compile them?
>
> I also tried my standard trick of pointing
> to my old -extended libraries.

sounds like a bad idea.

>  [gem_head] is
> found by now pix_film

[gem_head]??

> , etc. I also can't find a
> "pix_film.pd" or "pix_film.dll" from my -extended
> folder, but I know it used to work for me.

*all* the Gem objects are compiled into Gem.dll.

gmdsa