[GEM-dev] compiling plugins

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Mon Feb 13 22:10:02 CET 2017

I've updated musepack package recompiled and linked with the lib I have
in /usr/lib:

ln /usr/lib/libmpcdec.so.7 /usr/lib/libmpcdec.so.5

now I have this:

dylib loading file './gem_filmGMERLIN.so'!
library loading returned: dlerror '/usr/local/lib/libgmerlin_avdec.so.1:
undefined symbol: mpc_decoder_seek_sample'

so the problem come from libgmerlin_avdec compiled from original
sources, and there is no package for that in archlinux

My conclusion, it's very hard to compile libgmerlin_avdec because it's
not maintained anymore since 2012, and even if someone can do this,
it still doesn't work with Gem, and certainly with other externals that
use gmerlin, so this plugin is fairly deprecated, and was before it came up.

What about writing a video decoder plugin that use libavcodec instead?