[GEM-dev] [pix_video] error with macbook's built-in camera

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:41:00 CET 2017

> On Feb 15, 2017, at 8:58 AM, me.grimm <megrimm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> maybe push "as is”?

I did. It’s in the “avfoundation” branch of my fork of Gem on github.

I opened a Work In Progress PR for discussing the changes so far: https://github.com/umlaeute/Gem/pull/135 <https://github.com/umlaeute/Gem/pull/135>

> question: could Gem plugins be developed independently of Gem main repo?
>
> meaning right now the whole repo is forked to work on one plugin which seems overkill. would it make sense to split plugins from main repo, work on it (can this be built independent of Gem?), push, and then main repo is treated as submodule…

Maybe, but Github makes working via forks very easy, especially with the PR mechanism. Oftentimes, lots of submodules are more hassle then they are worth. Besides, you need to test against the current version of Gem and whatever changes it has, so you’d have to keep that up to date as well.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>