[GEM-dev] using Android as a tethered screen for vr

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 09:33:14 CEST 2017

Hi,

I was thinking about a solution to stream Gem output to network device for
a while
And the solution that came up to my mind is to render in a frame buffer and
send the texture to a GPU  video encoder like nvenc then download the
encoded frame to the RAM and stream it.

This would be much more efficient than direct screen grabbing.

Unfortunately I didn't take the time to implement this for now.
Some vnc server use hardware compression but I don't know one on Linux.

Best