[GEM-dev] financing Gem development

Federico Camara Halac camarafede at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 18:16:01 CET 2017

Thanks Cyrille!

I guess bountysource is easier because the fund is automatically
distributed among issue solvers. There's the option to funnel the "bounty"
back into another issue once you earned the bounty. But, in the end it is
more expensive when you "cash out".

Pledgie sounds great. As far as i can tell you need someone to handle how
the fund is split among devs once the upgrade is finished or most issues
solved. Since it is very easy to see who contributed to the issues, i also
think it is better to use and less expensive. It uses Paypal, and I don't
see any objections to this.

Just a note on the campaign type:
With pledgie it appears you can do two campaign types, 'everything helps'
and 'all or nothing', i think the former is better in this case. Since
pledgie uses Paypal, when using the latter type the donation is not
withdrawn from the donor until the deadline (if the goal was
met/surpassed). By then, if the donor's paypal acount changed, then you
might not get the entire amount.

And yes, i will also contribute too as much as i can, cause Gem really
excellent code and i learn a lot from it!

fdch.github.io/tv