[GEM-dev] financing Gem development

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 21:45:08 CET 2017

>> Are these going to be posted in the general pd mailing list as well?

also i am trying to get a post top pinned to the facebook group. if anyone
on gem-dev is on facebook can you add your 2 cents to antonios post? i
guess there are 12k facebook pd group subscribers and maybe we can get some
of those that seem to keep complaining to put some $$ up

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 3:46 AM, cyrille henry <ch at chnry.net> wrote:

> [...]
>>> ading-writing-on-osx-64bit>
>>>

>>>                 They correspond to the 4 most important bug I found on
>>> the gitub
>>>                 bugtracker.
>>>
>>>                 It's time to find money!
>>>

>>>                 Le 15/11/2017 à 18:05, cyrille henry a écrit :
>>>
>>>                     hello,
>>>                     i'm sorry it took so long, I have lot's of work.
>>>
>>>                     I found 2 platform :
>>>
>>>                     https://pledgie.com/
>>>                     and :
>>>                     https://www.bountysource.com/
>>>
>>>                     pledgie get 3% of the donation, bountysource get 10%.
>>>
>>>                     unless anyone have a better idea, i'll start to go
>>> with pledgie
>>>                     cheers
>>>

>>>                     Le 30/10/2017 à 17:38, cyrille henry a écrit :
>>>
>>>                         Hello,
>>>
>>>                         I've check Iohannes github: There is not a lot's
>>> of release critical
>>>                         issue.
>>>
>>>                         Image, film and video under osX and having a way
>>> to compile for
>>>                         window and the main issues.
>>>
>>>                         There is also lot's of stuff regarding FTGL, but
>>> they look to be
>>>                         obsolete. At least, we will know if they are
>>> obsolete after being
>>>                         able to compile Gem on the concerned platform.
>>>
>>>                         Since Iohannes is currently too buzzy to help, I
>>> think we should
>>>                         organize development in 2 parts :
>>>
>>>                         1st : doing the minimum to have Gem usable on
>>> all platform.
>>>                         We could then release a v0.94 and use it to test
>>> on lot's of
>>>                         computer and reporting all bugs.
>>>                         Then, a 2nd development round could create a
>>> 0.94.1 bugfix release
>>>                         with a longer lifetime.
>>>
>>>                         if there is no objection, I will have a look at
>>> the platform we
>>>                         could use to centralize financing and stuff.
>>>                         cheers
>>>

>>>                         Le 12/10/2017 à 10:34, cyrille henry a écrit :
>>>
>>>                             hello Max
>>>
>>>                             Le 12/10/2017 à 10:04, Max a écrit :
>>>
>>>                                 Bonjour Cyrille,
>>>
>>>                                 This sounds good, there was the idea of
>>> some bounty system years
>>>                                 ago too.
>>>                                 I think it's crucial for this process to
>>>
>>>                                 1. break up the job in small manageable
>>> parts
>>>
>>>                             yes, that's the idea of using the github bug
>>> tracker. Spiting jobs
>>>                             in bugs.
>>>                             (and use flags to create priorities)
>>>

>>>                                 2. well define their scope and define
>>> what "job completed" entails
>>>
>>>                             I think it imply that the push request is
>>> accepted, and the code is
>>>                             merged upstream.
>>>
>>>                                 3. set up a system that doesn't come
>>> with a huge administration
>>>                                 overhead
>>>

>>>                             yes, this is a problem.
>>>                             The reduce amount of developers interested
>>> in this job will make
>>>                             things simpler.
>>>

>>>                                 It almost seem there should be a
>>> platform for this out there...
>>>

>>>                             yes, I don't think administration will be a

m.e.grimm, m.f.a, ed.m.
syracuse u., tc3
megrimm.net