[GEM-dev] financing Gem development

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Tue Dec 5 18:08:43 CET 2017

ok, so I put money on 2 other issues.
For now, the most important issues are :

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/4185729-native-film-reading-on-osx-64bit
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/4185679-native-video-capturing-on-osx-64bit
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/6492784-native-image-reading-writing-on-osx-64bit
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/3383537-w32-build-msvc
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/3303967-any-h-broken-on-osx-64bit
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/52336294-make-filmds-consistent

all issue are listed here :
https://www.bountysource.com/trackers/1046360-umlaeute-gem

I think it's good to have a rough estimation of the cost of each task if we want to ask average user to fund this bounty.

My estimation based on various discussion I had is that the "native film reading on osX64bit" is very complex and should go up to 2000€
"native-video-capturing-on-osx-64bit" : 1500€
"native-image-reading-writing-on-osx-64bit" : 1000€
a developer all ready ask for 150$ for "w32 build msvc", so it's a good goal.
"any-h-broken-on-osx-64bit" : ???
"make-filmds-consistent" : ???

But I may be completely wrong. Please correct me if you have an estimation.

cheers